Baked Brie with Cranberries & Spiced Pecans
Spicy Candied Pecans
¼ cup confectioner’s sugar
1/3 teaspoon kosher salt
¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 cup pecans
¼ cup of water
Warm Cranberry Sauce
½ cup sugar
½ cup of water
2 cups fresh cranberries (frozen if fresh is unavailable)
1 Tbsp. lemon juice
2 (8-ounce) wheels of Brie, room temperature
Pomegranate seeds as garnish (optional)
Fresh mint (optional)
Crackers for serving
- Preheat oven to 350˚ Fahrenheit. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine confectioner’s sugar, kosher salt, cayenne pepper and mix well.
- Add pecans and water to the sugar mixture. Stir gently to coat. Transfer pecans to baking sheet in a single layer. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until fragrant. Remove from oven and cool.
- While pecans are cooling, bring water and sugar to a boil in a medium saucepan. Stir until sugar dissolves. Add cranberries to the boiling mixture and lower the heat to simmer for 10 minutes or until half the cranberries have burst. Add lemon juice, remove from heat and cool.
- For the Brie, preheat oven to 350˚ Fahrenheit. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Trim rind from tops of both Brie wheels while keeping the sides intact. Place on baking sheet and bake for 12-15 minutes or until melted through.
- Top each Brie wheel with cranberry sauce and spicy, candied pecans. Garnish with pomegranate seeds and mint. Serve immediately with crackers.