Lamb Chops a la Padilla
6 double rib lamb chops, each about 1 -inch thick
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon anchovy paste
1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, very finely chopped
2 large garlic cloves, chopped
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Sprigs of fresh rosemary for garnish
Balsamic Vinegar garnish
Chiffonade of fresh mint
Squeeze of lemon
- Place ribs in a single layer in a dish. Mix the vinegar, oil, anchovy paste, rosemary and garlic together and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Spread this mixture over the lamb chops, turning them over in the dish, then turning them back again so both sides become lightly coated with marinade.
- Cover and allow to marinate at room temperature for one hour. Preheat that Padilla or heavy pan, sear for approximately 4 minutes per side, and as you get to the end, baste with melted butter.
- Finish in a hot oven, 400 degrees for about 2 minutes or when the internal temperature should be 165 degrees.
- Once done, plate with mushroom risotto or wilted spinach. Drizzle the plate with reduced balsamic vinegar and garnish with finely chopped fresh mint. You can squeeze a drop of lemon juice.